National Student Lobby Day took place on April 11-12, 2016 in Washington, D.C. More than 380 ASDA members attended.
- Students received issue-specific training and learned how to effectively lobby legislators. They networked with other students and practiced their new skills in small groups before heading to the Hill.
- Students scheduled a record number of 305 appointments with congressmen and women and their staff to discuss student debt and barriers to care.
Lobby Day Issues:
- On Wednesday, April 6, ASDA sent an action alert to all members requesting support for the Post Grad Act, a bill that ASDA advocated for during Lobby Day.
- As of April 13, ASDA members sent 1,413 letters to their representatives urging them to support this bill.
- On April 11, ADA and ASDA sent a letter the chairman and ranking member of the House Committee on Education and Workforce urging the committee to support the POST GRAD Act.
- What’s next? It’s not too late to send a letter to your representatives! Sign on to this engagement now.