ASDA is the largest national organization dedicated to dental student concerns. 89% of dental students are involved in ASDA, so when they speak to the ADA and legislators, they are speaking for a huge majority of dental students in the US!
As a member of ASDA there are two main types of benefits, tanglible & intangible. Tangible benefits are discounts on products and services and resources like the website. More important are the intangibles like having a voice in your profession and building connections that will last throughout your career. Also, as a UF ASDA member, you are a National ASDA member, Alachua county dental association member, Florida central regional district member, FDA member, and ADA member. As a member of all of these, you also get benefits from each!
(For a full list of ASDA member benefits click here.)
Make Lifelong Friends
- ASDA members can network outside the chapter (Click here to learn more about networking)
- Meet students from all U.S. dental schools
- Learn about key issues in dentistry – not taught in dental school
- Be a part of something bigger
- Advocate for your profession (and patients)
- Build your skills outside the classroom or dental clinic
- Large events: Loupes Fair, Mighty Molar, Business Symposium, ASDA Banquet
- Lunch & Learns: Learn about dental companies, specialties, financial advising and more!
- Socials: Everyone needs to put the books behind us once in a while, and ASDA is there with fun, new social events to help us do that!
- Community Service: ASDA provides you with opportunities to help others in our community several times a semester.
- Newsletter: Newsletter about the latest events at UFCD published twice a semester.
- Free student membership to American Dental Association.
- Leadership opportunities: chapter, district, and national.
- D1’s Receive a FREE Oral B Electric Toothbrush (a ~$160 value)
- D2’s Receive FREE package of toothbrush replacement heads for the Oral B electric toothbrush and discount on NBDE materials
- D3’s Receive FREE whitening kits
National ASDA Benefits
- Next DDS: State-of-the-art web portal, podcasts, videos, animations, articles.
- ADA life & disability insurance
- Access to National and District meetings: National Leadership Conference (Chicago), ASDA annual meeting, District 5 meeting (New Orleans for 2016)
- One year of free CE courses through DrBicuspid.com
- Credit card plans for students – Bank of America
- Up to 80% off office products – Office Depot
- Discounts on Geico Auto Insurance
- Discounts on malpractice insurance through Medical Protective
- DAT study discounts: Crack the DAT, CourseSaver, and Chad’s videos
- Publications: ASDA News, Mouth Journal, Getting through Dental School Handbook [pre-dental]
- E-newsletters: Word of Mouth, Legislative Ledger
- Today’s FDA Journal
- Free Registration for Florida National Dental Convention
- Webinars – online CE courses
- Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA)
- Free Registration for ADA Annual Convention
- ADA News
- ADA Library
ADA Life and Disability Insurance
Watch this video for more information:
- As a dental student, the ADA offers no-cost ADA-sponsored Student Members Disability Insurance to you during school and residency as a benefit of ADA student membership. This important coverage includes:
- $2,000/month disability income insurance for up to seven years to help pay living expenses during a period of disability due to injury or illness
- Up to $150,000 to help repay student loans
- Coverage renews automatically each academic year for ADA student members.
- Eligible ADA student members can create a login at www.insurance.ada.org/RegisterNow and follow the prompts to request activation of this disability insurance.
- As a dental student, the ADA offers no-cost ADA-sponsored Student Members Term Life Insurance to you during school and residency as a benefit of ADA student membership. This important coverage includes:
- $50,000 of Term Life insurance
- $50,000 of Accidental Death insurance
- Coverage renews automatically each academic year for ADA student members
- Eligible ADA student members can create a login at www.insurance.ada.org/RegisterNow and follow the prompts to request activation of this life insurance. You can also apply for additional amounts up to $500,000 for yourself or your spouse at ADA member-only premiums.
For more questions regarding ASDA membership please contact email@example.com.